The high-level HDF5 library includes several sets of convenience and standard-use APIs to facilitate common HDF5 operations.
- Lite — Functions to simplify creating and manipulating datasets, attributes and other features (H5LT, H5LD)
- Images — Creating and manipulating HDF5 datasets intended to be interpreted as images (H5IM)
- Tables — Creating and manipulating HDF5 datasets intended to be interpreted as tables (H5TB)
- Packet Tables — Creating and manipulating HDF5 datasets to support append- and read-only operations on table data (H5PT)
- Dimension Scales — Creating and manipulating HDf5 datasets that are associated with the dimension of another HDF5 dataset (H5DS)
- Optimizations — Bypassing default HDF5 behavior in order to optimize for specific use cases (H5DO)
- Extensions — Working with region references, hyperslab selections, and bit-fields (H5LR, H5LT)