1. Please join my meeting.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (224) 501-3412
Access Code: 840-709-413
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 840-709-413
- Elena Pourmal (via GTM)
- Mark Miller (LLNL)
- Suren Byna (LBNL)
- Robert B. Ross (ANL)
- Venkat Vishwanath (ANL)
- Quincey Koziol (NERSC) (via GTM)
- Face-to-face intro
- Continue developing list of candidate use cases/examples
- Face-to-face - done
- Application discussion:
- HAAC and other
- Rob: should spent time trying to find right solution; don't spent time to write in bad ways to get good performance. Need to look at Darshan and make assessment of HDF5 schema.
- Mark: the same experience with Diablo. Are you using HDF5 effectively or HDF5 is doing something stupid?
- Venkat: HDF5/MPIIO layer doesn't passing good info for optimization
- R: Notion of different use cases can help ; is there some data that Darshan can capture and assess if the use of HDF5 is useful. Example of multiple datasets vs. aggregated by dimension. Mark: This should be known as a best practices for APIs and having Darshan as a flag. Mark used h5stat a lot to debug their problem.
- Mark: explained example of Diablo; we will have a white paper. Diablo can be one of those examples.
- Venkat: suggest modifications to h5stat - one have to knwo what to look for. Newbie mode? Have h5py tool to enhance h5stat output. Provide suggestions.
- One should be able to discriminate good/bad schema by looking at the resulting file.
- HDF5 call capturing was integrated with extended Darshan logs.
- Mark: Github is so easy to get functional Website, may be the right thing will be have all working examples there?
- h5dump to use dot format to see directory content to see quick layout of the file. Can be used in the static document and Website. Programmatically generate the figures.
- Mark: How Conduit infrastructure primitive uses of HDF5. We want to describe why we want to do things like that.
- Anyone talking about HDF5 should mention ES. When it is technical consulting for applications mention ES.Ways how people can get help.
- Quincey: Website of TAB - open it! Candidates for THG Board - former Labs employees, some of them are in industry.
- HAAC and other