|20 min||Governance||Elena and All|
Charter document discussion
Discussion of mentoring: We agreed that mentoring is not limited to the HDF5library internals. Examples give: feedback on RFC (Request for Comment documents that THG writes before implementing any new feature or making changes to the library), software engineering,
Current THG efforts to involve community in HDF5 development
|15 min||Identify technical topics and agenda items for the following meeting||All|
Mark proposed to gather impressions from members and THG staff what is currently the biggest hurdle in fostering developers for contributing to HDF5 internals. THG answer: documentation. It would be also good to involve community in the discussions too. This can be done via poll. The Board approved the idea of poll.
==> Board members will write a paragraph about HDF5 strength and weakness.
==> Elena will create a poll on strengths, weaknesses and hurdls and will run the questions by THG and Board.
As a general approach, Rob suggested that for each prioritized discussion item have a session where THG will present the key technology and applications challenges and propose the best strategy in addressing those; for example, are architectural or software engineering changes required? The Board will come back with response. This approach would help with prioritization.
Decision made: Open Board materials to the world.
|5 min||Set up time for the next meeting||Elena|
Elena will send Doodle Poll for meeting in 4 week from now.
- Elena Pourmal will create a poll on strengths, weaknesses and hurdls; run the questions we are going to ask by THG and Board.
- Elena Pourmal will send updated Charter.
- Elena Pourmal will check ith the HDF Group contract office the answers given during the updated license discussion.
- Board members will write a paragraph for each strengths and weaknesses
- Board members will send a few lines for Bio to be included on the Wiki front page