Working with region references, hyperslab selections, and bit-fields (H5LR, H5LT)
- H5LR_COPY_REFERENCE — Copies data from the specified dataset to a new location and creates a reference to it.
- H5LR_COPY_REGION — Copies data from a referenced region to a region in a destination dataset.
- H5LR_CREATE_REF_TO_ALL — Creates a dataset with the region references to the data in all datasets located under a specified group in a file or creates a dataset with object references to all objects (groups or datasets) located under a specified group in a file.
- H5LR_CREATE_REGION_REFERENCES — Creates an array of region references using an array of paths to datasets and an array of corresponding hyperslab descriptions.
- H5LR_GET_REGION_INFO — Retrieves information about the data a region reference points to.
- H5LR_MAKE_DATASET — Creates and writes a dataset containing a list of region references.
- H5LR_READ_REGION — Retrieves raw data pointed to by a region reference to an application buffer.
- H5LT_COPY_REGION — Copies data from a specified region in a source dataset to a specified region in a destination dataset.
- H5LT_READ_BITFIELD_VALUE — Retrieves the values of quality flags for each element to the application provided buffer.
- H5LT_READ_REGION — Reads selected data to an application buffer.
The above reference manual entries describe high-level HDF5 C and Fortran APIs for working with region references, hyperslab selections, and bit-fields. These functions were created as part of a project supporting NPP/NPOESS Data Production and Exploitation (project, software). While they were written to facilitate access to NPP, NPOESS, and JPSS data in the HDF5 format, these functions may be useful to anyone working with region references, hyperslab selections, or bit-fields.
Note that these functions are not part of the standard HDF5 distribution; the software must be separately downloaded and installed.
A comprehensive guide to this library, User Guide to the HDF5 High-level Library for Handling Region References and Hyperslab Selections is available at